As champions of privacy, myGaru's takes your privacy seriously. Please read this privacy notice (the "Notice") carefully as it contains important information about how your personal information will be used in connection with the myGaru website ("Website"). Please note this Notice only relates to your use of the Website. If you opt to download and use the myGaru App you will receive a separate privacy notice explaining how we use your data in relation to the App.
1. About us
We are myGaru Tech Limited (a company registered in England under Company No. 11963760), we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal data in relation to the Website ("we", "us" or "myGaru").
If you would like to contact us in relation to this privacy notice, if you have any queries regarding your personal data or wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data (as explained further below) please get in touch using the following contact details:
2. What personal information do we collect, and where do we obtain it from?
The categories of information we may collect, therefore, include the following:
- your name, email address and other contact details you provide;
- information you provide related to an enquiry;
- records of your correspondence with us, if you have contacted us; and
- information collected automatically using cookies and other tracking technologies, such as details of the web pages you have visited on our website and the content that you access.
This information is statistical data about our users' browsing patterns and is used to understand how the Website is being used and how it can be improved for you.
4. How we use your personal information and on what basis?
Depending on how you use the Website, your interactions with us and the reasons for which you provide your information, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to ensure that the Website is presented to you in an effective manner;
- to provide you with information that you have requested from us (for example, if you submit an enquiry via the Website); or
- where you have asked us to, or consented to us sending you, in electronic form promotional materials, information and updates about our services, unless you tell us not to do so (see "How do you exercise your rights?" section below).
On what basis do we use your personal information?
- Where you have provided your consent (for example, where you have signed up to receive new or updates about myGaru and our products). You have various rights where we are processing your information on the basis of your consent. For example, if you don't want to be on one of our mailing lists, you can choose to opt out at any time by following the "unsubscribe" instructions at the bottom of our emails.
- Where it is legally within our legitimate business interests to so. For example using certain of your personal information helps us to operate and improve our Website or promote our products and services to you.
- Where necessary to fulfil a request you have made as an existing or prospective customer of myGaru.
5. Who do we share your personal information with?
We generally do not share personal information collected via the Website with third parties. However, personal information may be shared with third parties where one of the following circumstances applies:
- you have consented to us doing so;
- we are under a legal, regulatory or professional obligation to disclose your personal information;
- myGaru, or substantially all myGaru's assets are merged or acquired by a third party, in which case your personal information may form part of the transferred or merged assets;
- to provide anonymous statistical information about users of the Website and related usage information to reputable third parties; or
- we are using a third party service provider to provide services that involve data processing (for example, hosting the Website itself).
6. Where may your personal information be sent or stored?
We may transfer your personal information out of the UK, however the countries to which your data is transferred will only include countries within the European Economic Area. Wherever we transfer your data out of the UK in this way, we will implement appropriate measures with the aim of ensuring that your personal information remains protected and secure, in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
7. How long will we keep your personal information?
We will keep your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above. This period will vary depending on the nature of your interactions with us. Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete or possibly anonymise it.
Please note that where you unsubscribe or opt out from a marketing communication, we need to keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in the future.
8. How do we protect your personal information?
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. Our suppliers are carefully selected and required to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of your information. Unfortunately, the transmission to us of information via the internet or a mobile phone network connection can never be completely secure; any transmission is at your own risk.
9. How do you exercise your rights in respect of your personal data?
myGaru champions your privacy and seeks to ensure you have maximum control over your personal data. You can withdraw your consent for certain processing at any time by clicking "Unsubscribe" on any communication you receive from us or by contacting us using the details set out above.
In addition, by law you have the right (subject to some exceptions):
- to ask us about the processing of your personal information, including to be provided with a copy of your personal information held by us;
- to request the correction and/or deletion of your personal information, or restrict or object to the processing of your personal information;
- to have the personal information we hold about you erased; and
- to request to obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes across different services.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights about your personal data that we hold, please get in touch using our contact details set out at the top of this Notice.
10. Websites that we do not own or control
From time to time we may provide links to websites or mobile applications that we do not own or control. This Notice does not apply to those websites. If you choose to use those websites, please make sure that you check the legal and privacy statements posted on each website or mobile application you access to understand their privacy practices.
11. How to complain
If you have a complaint or query about the way we handle your personal data, please get in contact with us using the details set out at the top of this privacy notice. In addition, should you find it necessary, you have a right to raise a concern with the Information Commissioner's Office. For further details see: https://ico.org.uk/. If you have such concerns, please do initially contact us using the details at the top of this Notice so that we can investigate, and hopefully resolve, your concerns.
12. Changes to this Notice
We may update this notice, from time to time. We will notify you of the changes where required by law to do so.
Last updated  June 2019